Large Scale Projects (LSP) relate the research of up to 20 academics. These projects aim at major contributions to the CITEC research agenda, i.e. the development of joint demonstrators.
- The Cognitive Service Robotics Apartment as Ambient Host (CSRA, LSP-01)
- Deep Familiarization and Learning Grounded in Cooperative manual Action and Language - from Analysis to Implementation (FAMULA, LSP-02)
- Intelligent Coaching Space (ICSPACE, LSP-03)
- Embodied Interaction as a Core of Cognitive Interaction: A holistic approach towards autonomous walking system (EICCI, LSP-04)
Highly Interdisziplinary Projects (IP) typically connect two researchers. Each of whom brings in expertise from a different field in order to solve a joint research question.
- Computational Pragmatics - Multimodal Intention Processing Systems (IP-07)
- Active pre-touch sensing. From biology to neuromorphic biomimetic artifacts (IP-08)
- Bio-inspired lightweight omni-directional visual system with local gain control (IP-10)
- Towards a model for the incremental co-development of linguistic and conceptual representation of action (IP-13)
- GoToGoal: Experimental Investigation of Goal Babbling (IP-15)
- Interactional Coordination and Incrementality in HRI - A Museum Guide Robot (IP-18)
- Brain-machine interfaces to improve human-machine interaction using resource efficiency and adaptivity (IP-19)
- Single and Dyadic Visuo-Haptic Task Learning (IP-24)
Small, High Risk Projects (HP) typically are pursued by a single researcher and are designed to investigate a highly innovative and risky idea.
- Learning to attend in sensorimotor tasks (SP-01)
- Visual attention and decision making in insects (SP-03)
- Social Motorics - An integrated embodied model of gesture production, comprehension, and coordination (SP-05)
- Cognitive control and neurophysiological bases of planning and executing manual actions (SP-07)
- Monitoring real-time real-world interaction in an identified neuron (SP-10)
Graduate School Projects (GSP) are the doctoral and postdoctoral research projects by the members of CITEC's graduate school. The Graduate School Projects are displayed in the overview of CITEC doctoral researchers and postdocs.
Third Party Projects (TPP) are research and development projects that are not financed from CITEC's own budget but with financial support from external sponsors like governmental departments. This is a selection of current projects: